Saturday, July 6, 2013

Post-Surgery Update

I went in for surgery on Wednesday morning.  It went well.  The surgeon said it looked like the cancer was completely gone from my breast and possibly still in my lymph nodes, but then again, that could just be scar tissue.  This is good news.  We will have to wait for my pathology, which should be ready early next week.

The bad news is...they took my breasts.  Yes, I knew this was going to happen, but it is very difficult anyhow.  In a while, I can get reconstructive surgery. It wont be the same.  I am sad.  I am very sad.  I am bald with no boobs, with no guarantees, and this really really really sucks.  Breck has been wonderfully supportive; he helps me get dressed, runs for my Vicodin, and even strips and empties my surgical drains.

I understand the bigger picture.  My health is more important.  I hope with each passing week this gets easier.

Sad panda signing off

No comments: